The prettiest way to start your day.
Bright and delicious-looking smoothie bowls have taken over Instagram feeds everywhere — and it’s not difficult to see why! And now you can create your own Insta-worthy bowl for breakfast too, thanks to Andene Thomson, founder of food and lifestyle blog Healthy Girl With A Sweet Tooth. She’s put together a yummy summer smoothie bowl recipe for us. Packed with protein, this nutrient-rich bowl makes for a perfect breakfast or snack. Yum!
Healthy Girl Acai Smoothie Bowl
– 1 small banana
– 1/3 cup of frozen blueberries
– 1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder
– 3 tablespoons of rolled oats
– 6 tablespoons of water
– 1 tablespoon of almond butter
– 1/2 teaspoon of Acai Berry Powder
– 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
1. Peel your banana and place into an airtight container to freeze overnight.
2. Add three tablespoons of rolled oats into a container with 6 tablespoons of water. Cover and place into the fridge to soak overnight.
3. In the morning, place all your ingredients, including the vanilla protein powder, frozen blueberries, almond butter, Acai berry powder and cinnamon into a blender. Blend until you get a smooth and creamy texture.
4. Pour into a serving bowl and let your imagination run wild with your favourite toppings – try nuts, seeds, nut butters, granola, or coconut shreds and enjoy!
Looking for more breakfast smoothie recipes? Try this immune-boosting carrot and beetroot smoothie, these ab-friendly smoothies or these avo smoothie recipes.