Every person needs that one salad that none of your guests can get enough of and every guest demands the recipe for. This will be that dish. Fresh, crunchy and perfect for South African summer, this is the best green salad recipe. And it’s guaranteed to be on your table every year from now.
It’s packed full of uber delicious green veggies like asparagus, green beans, edamame beans, tenderstem broccoli and baby spinach. This certainly isn’t your grandma’s green salad and you’ll thank us for the upgrade.
The Best Green Salad Recipe You’ll Ever Make
Asparagus, Bean and Tenderstem Broccoli Salad
- 200 g Asparagus (sliced into 3cm pieces)
- 200 g Green beans (sliced into 3cm pieces)
- 200 g Edamame beans
- 200 g Tenderstem broccoli (sliced into 3cm pieces)
- 50 g Baby spinach leaves
- 2 Tbsp Sesame seeds, toasted
For The Dressing:
- 1 Shallot or small red onion, very finely sliced into rings
- 1 Pinch Chilli flakes
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- Juice and zest of half a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Blanch the asparagus, beans and broccoli in hot water for a few minutes. When just cooked, transfer to ice-cold water before placing in a colander to drain.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together, then toss the blanched veggies and spinach together in a large bowl with the salad dressing and toasted sesame seeds.
- Plate on a large platter and serve.
This recipe was created by Amy Hopkins for Women’s Health magazine. For more of her work, follow Amy on Instagram.