A healthy fry-up? Sure, why not!
What better way to get your greens and protein in than with a delicious fry-up for brekkie. Give this recipe a go (trust us, you won’t regret it)
Spinach and egg breakfast pan
– 1¼ cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
– 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
– 2 large bunches Swiss chard
– 2 cups onion, chopped
– 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
– 4 cloves garlic, minced
– ½ tsp sea salt
– ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
– 4 large eggs
1. In a small bowl, toss cherry tomatoes with vinegar. Set aside.
2. Remove chard leaves from stems. Chop leaves, place in a large bowl of cool water and swirl to rinse. Transfer to a colander, allowing a bit of water to remain on leaves. Rinse, dry and slice stems thinly.
3. In a large frying pan over medium heat, sauté chard stems and onion in olive oil until softened (about 10 minutes). Reduce heat to low. Add garlic and sauté for one minute. Add chard leaves, salt and pepper. Turnheat to high and toss until leaves wilt.
4. Using the back of a spoon, make four indents (“nests”) in the chard. Crack one egg into each nest. Cover the pan, reduce heat slightly and cook until yolks are medium-set (about four minutes).
5. Add cherry tomatoes and vinegar to pan, then serve.
Serves 4. Per serving: 1 000kJ, 16g fat (3g sat), 17g carbs, 640mg sodium, 5g fibre, 11g protein
Looking for more egg recipes? Make these oat flapjacks with eggs, these low-carb egg and bacon pots or try this delicious and quick ramen recipe with poached egg.