Braaing is a must on a summer weekend but who says you need to make the usual? Try this new recipe…
What You’ll Need
1 tbsp orange zest
¼ cup honey
1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
750g salmon fillets
How To Make It
1. Immerse a pine plank in water and soak for at least four hours to prevent burning.
2. Light fire of Weber or kettle braai and make sure your coals are very hot.
3. In a small bowl, mix together honey, vinegar and orange zest.
4. Brush plank with olive oil and preheat on grid.
5. Rinse the salmon, pat dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place salmon on plank skin-side down.
6. Divide the coals in half and place the fish in the middle. Put the lid on (make sure the hole is directly above the fish to ensure even cooking) and cook for eight minutes.
7. Baste with honey glaze, then cook until salmon flakes easily (four to seven more minutes).
Makes 2 servings. Per serving: 1525kJ, 11g fat (1.7g sat), 30g carbs, 82mg sodium, 0g fibre, 34g protein.
If being more present, more of a go-getter or hitting certain goals is your new year MO, try these wellness journals to harness your energy.