This super-easy Mediterranean tray-bake cooks in under 30 minutes, plus there’s enough protein in the lean chicken breasts to do without carbs.
This was made for post-gym weeknights: the cooking time is under 30 minutes, there’s enough protein in the lean chicken breasts to do without carbs, and the mozzarella adds flavour and texture. If you want to soak up the juices, serve with couscous or brown basmati rice.
Mediterranean One-Tray Supper
– 2 chicken breast fillets
– 2 tsp hot sauce (like Tabasco)
– 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
– 4 courgettes, sliced into 5mm-thick discs
– 150g Italian tomatoes, halved
– 1 orange pepper, cut into 2cm-wide strips
– 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
– Sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
– 6 x 6g baby bocconcini (mozzarella balls)
1/ Preheat the oven to 200°C. Toss the chicken with the hot sauce and lemon juice and season well.
2/ Place the vegetables in a baking dish, toss with olive oil and season. Nestle the chicken among the veggies and pour over the remaining lemon juice and hot sauce mix. Tear up the mozzarella and arrange three balls on each chicken breast.
3/ Bake on the middle rack for 25 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked, the chicken is tender and the mozzarella is bubbling and golden.
SERVES 2. Per serving: 1 087kJ, 11g fat (4g sat), 260mg sodium, 10g carbs, 2g fibre, 5g sugars, 31g protein