Haven’t heard of P.E Nation? It’s a cult Australian activewear label that has seen more action in the four years since it launched than many brands do in decades! Legions of fitness fans – including Women’s Health cover stars like Kayla Itsines, Olivia Palermo, Jessica Alba and Gigi Hadid – and a design aesthetic that is punchy and fresh, it’s no surprise that we are HUGE fans.
Pip Edwards and Claire Tregoning in PE Nation X HM.
Tell us more
Co-founder Pip Edwards – herself a Women’s Health Australia cover star – told the mag this of her journey to P.E Nation with partner Claire Tregoning: “We knew there was a void in the market, in the sense that Claire and I had nothing to wear that satisfied our needs for a busy life, so we thought that we couldn’t be the only ones. We’re mothers, career women, we love fashion, we train. [PE Nation] was an everyday solution for the everyday woman.”
P.E Nation X HM tees and crops.
And now those smart fellas over at H&M have announced a fashion collab, so stores globally will be privy to an athleisure collection, created with the same fash-forward style and more sustainable materials, including organic cotton and recycled polyester.
PE Nation X HM hoodies.
When can we bag it?
Landing at V&A Waterfront and Canal Walk, the P.E Nation X H&M collection features a capsule of gym-to-street staples – leggings, shorts, crops, tees and hoodies – as well as a few key accessories and a couple of signature pieces, like the parka. The brand’s classic colour blocking, zip detailing and large logos with a retro vibe are in evidence in the new collection, which lands globally (and locally – whoop whoop!) on March 5.
So, which are the favourites?
Let’s get straight into the hefty business of assessing our best buys from the collection…
- The skirt is an ode to athleisure – inky black and pleated, but with an elasticated strip emblazoned with P.E Nation and sporty detailing down the front. A winner.
- The swimsuit is chlorine-resistant, quick dry and cooler than a Castle Lite.
- The zip-fronted cuff detail on the track pants is classic P.E Nation styling. Bag them.
- The colour-block leggings are high-waisted, signature in style and there’s a matching sports crop to make it a set.
- Go for classic black if you can’t imagine yourself in the colour-block vibes, with the classic leggings with turquoise front detail and matching crop.