What could be better than a delicious (and healthy) bowl of granola in the morning? Umm, nothing! Homemade granola is actually surprisingly easy to make. Here’s how…
The first thing you should know is that you can literally throw anything into the mix. That’s because homemade granola is one of those awesome, good-for-you foods, that you can tweak to suit your taste. After making this at home you’ll wonder why you ever bought the pre-made version in the first place. Forget the Pinã Colada, this tastes way better!
Homemade Tropical Coconut Healthy Granola
- 1 Baking sheet
- 3 Cup Rolled oats
- 1 Cup Almonds, chopped roughly
- ¼ Cup Poppy seeds
- ¼ Cup Mixed seeds
- ½ Cup Coconut flakes
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ Cup Dried pineapple
- ¾ Cup Coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- Preheat the oven to 130 °C. Combine the dry ingredients (except the pineapple – set it aside for later). Whisk the wet ingredients until smooth. Combine the wet and the dry ingredients in a large bowl until everything is mixed through.
- Spread the mixture on the baking sheet in a thin layer (use two pans if necessary).
- Bake for an hour, stirring every 20 minutes. During the last 20 minutes of baking, stir in the pineapple chunks.
- Remove the granola from the oven and leave to cool a bit. You’ll be tempted to stir the mixture right away but don’t! The granola will form crunchy clusters as it cools.
- Store in an airtight container or jar.
Shop The Ingredients For This Homemade Granola
This tropical granola is packed with good-for-you ingredients!
Suffering from sore muscles after your workout? Pineapple may help speed up muscle recovery.
Not only is honey full of antioxidants, it’s also better for blood sugar levels than regular sugar.
Women’s Health participates in various affiliate marketing programmes, which means we may get commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites.